Horror tales to be posted every weekend -- for Monday viewing... unless a different date is noted... perhaps.


Monday, June 29, 2015

BROWN GRASS


Allen Simms is doing hard time for a charge a teenager should receive a slap on the wrist for.
He is a tortured soul, right now.
He has recently been touched by the supernatural... right there in his jail cell.
That touch of the surreal sent him into a deja vu reality loop.
And... that touch has given his sanity a bit of hope of survival.
But right now his beautiful green grass is turning into... Brown Grass!

RLJ






(Season 5, Episode 4)





BROWN GRASS

(Ozona, Texas)


The dream is always the same... like deja vu all over again. The details are familiar, but the facts are different... like someone has already lived what I am dreaming. What am I suppose to do about my predicament? Go with it, is all I can figure... but, I'm ready to get to the end of this nightmare.


At night... in the darkness of my cramped jail cell... after sleep overtakes my conscience mind... I find myself standing outside in a wide expanse of open field. The knee high grass is very green and waving lazily in synchronization to the gentle breeze rolling over, and cooling, everything it brushes.
I could openly hear the talkative birds hidden in the grass cawing happily, confident in their anonymity. I believe they are Ravens, but since it is actually mid-evening, and they usually give their familiar call earlier in the day, I must offer a guess as to their actual identities.
But, I believe they are randy Ravens.

I see no living trees trying to touch the skies in this surrealistic, but seemingly idyllic, dreamlike landscape. There is only big blue sky meeting a land ocean of rolling hills covered in wavy bright green grass dancing in the open space dream space. The scene is calming - intoxicatingly calm, actually.

      And again, I've seen all this before!

Suddenly, the grass around my knees parts open, retreating onto itself to present to me a circular open space surrounding me about the size of a few football fields. The soft green carpet invites me to walk on it by undulating in a three foot wide path straight ahead. The blades of grass now barely reach above my ankles. I turn in a complete circle to view the awesome all before me. I am stunned. What is actually happening here? And, just where am I? Also, what is that form that just appeared low to the grass on the opposite side of the clearing? Something… I can’t … quite… make out. Is that a person?

      This is all so... familiar.

I slowly begin to approach the form. Within seconds I realize I am walking toward a woman. And suddenly, I am filled with the urge to run toward the woman, who by now has risen from a sitting position to standing upright and looking at me. The grass will not allow rushing. It grabs at my feet to force me to walk slowly. I can hear the grass sighing in anticipation as I get closer and closer to her.
She is both beautiful and angelic as her hair and cheese cloth thin dress move in rhythm to the breeze created by the swaying grass around us. The sheerness of her clothing is awesome... but, I shy away from staring at her nudity. My mind has been already blown to mush.

Now I am standing arms length in front of her. I have never been a part of anything as beautiful and perfect as this moment... or have I? I am now looking at her perfectly smooth skin, the deep crystal green of her eyes, her white and flawless teeth, the creamy tea color of her awesome skin, the shape of her lovely form through the sheer fabric draped over her body, the size of her breasts as her nipples lightly push against the fabric oh so lightly covering her and… oh, the moment -- I feel as if I could hold my breath forever and die right here a fulfilled man.

This magnificent woman must be an ancient ancestor of an African goddess... and she might be here for me!
   
And then... this beautiful dream woman eases into my warm, embracing arms. She has seized me by my soul as she squeezes me into the bliss of her soft breasts against my wanting chest... and I am loving every second of the moments in time. Her presence, her touch, our bodies close together, the anticipation of our lips touching... I…

…I awaken. All of this was only another of the vivid dreams that have overtaken my nightly reality since my Horrorwalker visit fifty-three days ago. That frightening dark creature visited me on that late Sunday night and made me to read from that book of horror it carries with it from person to person.
It did something horrible to me that night. The images in the horror tale it forced me to read that night has haunted me on a nightly basis since then. My reality has been altered!

That reality is... she is still there standing and waiting for me deep inside the fantasy depths of my mind. And I… am still here rotting in this goddamn, rat infested, Texas dust town  prison cell. I’m innocent of the charges... ten years for stealing a candy bar from a convenience store? I have told everybody the store clerk never gave me a receipt. And, that she is lying on me that I stole that Sneakers bar! And, the fact that I am stuck here in this godforsaken Texas hell... unable to beg for outside help!

But I am digressing. For the present time being, the only escape from my solitary confinement is my nightly dream. God, I wish the Horrorwalker creature would have taken me with it when it vanished from this tiny jail cell after it finished with me that black as coal night. But it was here to make me read my tale and that was all.
I will not write down the details of my Horrorwalker tale, titled "GRASS", while I am incarcerated in this place. They have taken everything from me over this crazy, silly charge... I’ll not give them my thoughts, too.

In the meantime, I want to be back there in the realm of my dreams where she is. I need to plead my innocence to her, my dream desire of my Horrorwalker horror tale. Perhaps I will find peace of mind and soul if I can ever get past the spot where I awaken every time... in her embrace.
I am stuck in a horror vortex right now. I have two years in this hell hole behind me. How will I survive the next eight? It is 4:32 AM right now... can I fall asleep again to embrace my only chance of hope?
I will close my eyes and try to find my hope again. Here is this Texas jail cell... so remote and far away from civilization that I fall asleep at night to the serenade of the wolves in the woods.

I’m coming to see you again, my beautiful dream inside my dream. Will you deliver me from this living nightmare this time? Will you help me to purge away this gut gnawing feeling that I have lived this scenario before? I'll see you soon, my love... inside my dreams.


AMS




No comments:

Post a Comment