Horror tales to be posted every weekend -- for Monday viewing... unless a different date is noted... perhaps.


Tuesday, June 16, 2015

IS THAT MY FACE IN THE MIRROR



Here are the thoughts surrounding Nathan Jones right now!

No mater how you've spent your day,
Or how you've controlled your night,
When you wake up in the morning you'll ultimately face the truth portal...
The bathroom mirror.

And if your night was spent rolling around in twilight mystery,
With a sublime creature of beauty and horror,
You just might look into that bathroom portal and ask yourself...
Is That My Face In The Mirror?

NLJ






(Season 5, Episode 6)



IS THAT MY FACE IN THE MIRROR

(Smyrna, Georgia)


There is one thing a man can count on for the total truth --
It hangs, portal-like, in his darkened sanctuary booth.
That booth is the reality bending vortex called -- the bathroom.
Bad things can happen in there that may spell doom and gloom.

I just stumbled into that place of mine to look, again, into the truth portal.
The fading face reflected back at me destroyed the lie I can no longer sustain.
The gray hairs look grayer this early morning… more transparent…
And the once deep lines on that face are a little less pronounced today.

‘What the hell happened to me last night?' are the words bouncing in my mind.
I only drink two glasses of red wine with my restaurant meal.
Laura seemed to have a good time -- eating nothing -- she laughed at my lame jokes… again.
Good God, am I finally realizing more than the decades of difference in our ages?

My goodness, I am in love with a forever young twenty-seven year old young woman.
She is lying right there only about twenty feet from my confused mind and body.
Her smooth breathing and beautiful form screams youth and freshness and undeath.
Her flawless face draws me in like a confidant ant to an awesome Pitcher Plant.

She tells me every night that she loves me and needs me.
Her gentle touch shoots electricity straight into my vitality.
Her kisses transfers youth and vigor straight into my heart.
Her commitment makes me feel secure and needed.

And then she, again, sinks her two inch canine fangs deep into my neck.
The pain is exquisite as I feel her teeth-daggers plunging into my artery.
She sucks her fill of blood from my body… until, she releases my neck in her ecstasy.
Then she hops on top of me and fucks me with the animal fury of a lion kill!

But something odd happened last night.
Perhaps she drank too deeply of my life providing sustenance.
I do not want to be turned into what she is… at least not just yet.
I still enjoy being able to walk in the sunlight, feeling the warm rays on my face.

She will soon sleep her daily undead slumber… satiated and secure by my presence.
I wonder if even she knows what is happening to my body right now.
She will not lie there for long anyway… as day approaches her coffin gives her a siren call.
So, I will confront her then, in the other bedroom… hopefully, we can find some answers.

That’s all fine and good reality check stuff.
She is right here and I am now lying by her side.
All of this surreal supernatural love and relationship stuff is a fantastic adventure…
Until I look, again, into that mirror and agonize at my fading life and soul and face.

NLJ

No comments:

Post a Comment