Horror tales to be posted every weekend -- for Monday viewing... unless a different date is noted... perhaps.


Tuesday, September 16, 2014

THE HORRORWALKER ENCOUNTER OF BRIXTON BRYANT



(Season 3, Episode 37)





THE HORRORWALKER ENCOUNTER OF BRIXTON BRYANT
(Cedar Grove, N.C.)


The thunderstorm raged outside my house last night.
It sounded like hell was breaking through its boarders outright!
 The storm was shaking the very earth in the process.
I seemed like it might go on all night long without recess!

Lightening cracked and flashed while the thunder boomed and clashed!
 The driving rain drummed against the aluminum siding of the house it mashed!
Striking an awful beat upon the siding and the windows,
This storm was trying to break the buildings and the Willows.

I asked the profound question to myself as I sat in my rocker,
‘Is this storm loud enough to make me believe its a shocker?’
Should I have been frightened by another North Carolina storm in motion...
 Still another loud summer Coastal storm blown off the Atlantic Ocean?

The answer to that question is a resounding NO!
I have survived 55 years of soul shattering storms that move so slow!
The land stripping, home crushing, bad coastal weather breaks branch and stem...
But this storm was different and I found out why at exactly 1:42 P.M.!

I looked out the bedroom window after a loud moment of stormy hysteria.
Something compelled me to look down toward the front door area.
And there, standing on the rain soaked porch, was... something awesome!
It was a creature I imagined I would never encounter... and it was no mangy opossum!

Did I want to walk down those stairs to the front door?
Did I want to open that door and stand there before the creature some deplore?
Did I want to step back as the bone dry creature walked inside my home?
Did I really have any say in the matter of what the Horrorwalker does with its tome?

The storm continued to rage outside the breech of the open front door.
It must have been the Horrorwalker’s will that the rain stayed beyond the walls.
And it was surely its will that forced me to take that huge book into my hands.
It was surely its will that compelled me to read the fantastical tale it commands.

What a sight it was, the Horrorwalker, standing tall in my front door frame.
The weather should have blown inside and drenched both of us the same.
But there is a strange force controlling the reality right now.
I am caught in its grip and it is making me to read all that it will allow!

The Horrorwalker Tome tale I was forced to read was called, “OFF THE OCEAN!”
Was the tale science fiction, or was it science fantasy... it was all a breezy, crazy motion.
But I now have a solid bit of respect for the love between two brothers.
Their bond helped them to find their souls as they helped some otherworldly others.

I finished the eldritch story in god only knows how much time had passed.
The rain was still falling and the darkness still framed the horror so vast.
I handed back the Horrorwalker Tome into those frightening bones for hands...
Then the Horrorwalker stepped back into the weather and vanished like blown sands.

I have never written a poem, in my life, about anything dark or bright.
After the Horrorwalker exited my house, I was overcome with the compulsion to write.
And so, here is my offering into the Horrorwalker universe of the strangest motion...
A Horrorwalker horror tale of things bizarre from... “OFF THE OCEAN!”

When this storm eventually finishes ravishing the windswept N.C. coastline sand and stone...
I should well be nearly finished jotting down the words I read in that horror tome.
I will introduce the world to N.C.’s coastal mysteries, up from Davy Jones’ locker...
To share the knowledge given to me by a being from my nightmares... The Horrorwalker!


BKB




“OFF THE OCEAN”
 AVAILABLE FOR PUBLICATION RIGHT NOW!
COME ON, PENGUIN BOOKS!



No comments:

Post a Comment