Horror tales to be posted every weekend -- for Monday viewing... unless a different date is noted... perhaps.


Monday, June 9, 2014

WE ARE ALL JUST MEALS FOR VAMPIRES


(Season 2, Episode 45)






WE ARE ALL JUST MEALS FOR VAMPIRES
(Montvale, New Jersey)


Hello, my name is Alice Manson. I’m a thirty-two years old white female with shoulder length blond hair and blue eyes. My height is 5’ 9” tall and I weigh 122 pounds. I’m single, physically fit, childless, and work as an executive secretary for a large pharmaceutical company. Or, I should say I worked at this company. I took my much needed two week vacation from my job three days ago. Certain crazy events have transpired in my life within the space of the last six months that have turned my life upside down and shaken my faith in religion and reality. I don’t know if I’ll be returning to my job after this vacation period ends.

I’m writing this missive from my forever youthful, always brightly lit bedroom kept alive and breathing by my mom here in my parent’s house in Montvale. Two days ago, I told my dad that I needed to crash in my old bedroom for a few days to get away from it all. Of course, he told me to come on over and stay as long as I liked. Too bad that mom is on a business trip in Paris, France until Friday and doesn’t even know I’m here. Today is Monday and I’ll call her tomorrow to let her know that I’ll be messing around in her lipstick and perfume, and looking through her closets for her scarves and blouses. That will give her a big smile.

My dad is my best friend. He and I are almost like a much older protective big brother and a little sister who love each other very much. He gives me the guidance and assurance of a loving father. He can then turn around and be there for me when I need someone to hang out with and keep me centered. I’m an active chick and I need my father in my life to keep me on a straight and narrow emotional track.

I’ve been out of my parent’s house for six years now. My apartment is in Paramus, over by the mall. I’ve tried to be independent of my dad, but I can’t. I love him too much to run away from him. Also, he and I share a HUGE secret that we have kept away from my mother for about a year. I believe the secret would incapacitate her if either one of us told her about it. Because of the unbelievable event that happened to me last Friday, the time has come for me to start writing down what I know so that this information won’t make me explode from the inside out.

The secret is in three parts. One -- I have been visited by the mysterious creature thing of fright and nightmare... the HORRORWALKER!

Two -- I have contacted the curator of the HORRORWALKER blog sites for personal information and advice.

Three -- My father was actually in the room with me when the HORRORWALKER suddenly appeared in the center of my apartment living room. Dad was totally unaffected, awake and aware of the proceedings as the HORRORWALKER creature approached me with three large steps and forced me to read my story in its huge tome.

About six months ago, my father was paying me a visit. He was relaxing, sitting on the couch in my apartment. It was 6:55 PM and we were about to watch an episode of our favorite show on television, “Two and a Half Men.”

I was in the kitchenette pouring some grape juice for us to drink. I had my back to my dad and was a little startled when I heard a loud gasp come from my dad. I turned to see what he was doing… and there it was, standing in the space between my father and me. It was so large and dark that I could not see my dad. That is all I remember from that moment.

My dad told me that he jumped off of the couch and ran around to the left side of the creature. He joked afterward that he had no clue as to what he was going to do about what he was witnessing, but he still needed to rescue me, if need be. What he saw was me standing there immobile and unharmed, holding that huge book in my right hand with my left arm dangling loose to my left side. I was transfixed at what I was looking at on the pages of the book, while the pages turned themselves. He tells me he could not believe what he was looking at. And, he decided that he had better take a step back and let the process take place without any interference from him. He simply did not want to find out what would happen if this eight foot tall creature that looked like death alive decided to turn its attention to him.

I don’t blame him for stepping back!

Dad told me that the process took about ten minutes of real time. I thought mere seconds had passed. When I finished the story that the creature forced me to read, dad told me that the book closed itself, the creature gently took the book from my still immobile hand  and then the HORRORWALKER pointed to an object... one of my personal items... resting on my kitchen counter... motioning for my dad to place said object into my still extended hand. Then it stepped back a step and simply vanished. Dad says it was there, and then suddenly it was gone! No smoke, no sound and no evidence that it had ever been there… except for the object in my hand.

I suddenly came back to reality. I could move my body and I could feel the coolness of the object in my hand. I felt perfectly fine, but I knew I was changed forever. And my mind was filled with the etched on my brain, line by line, story I had just been forced to read.

Dad led me across the room... then we sat back down on the couch and talked for hours about what we had just experienced. We talked so long that mom, who was at home at that time, called to ask if dad was coming home anytime soon.

We decided that this would be our secret. We would work through this issue on our own and in time figure out what it all meant. In the meantime, life should go on and this would be a fantastic memory to discuss in private times.

I never told my dad the contents of my HORRORWALKER story. The story has a name and that name is MEALS FOR VAMPIRES! The name of the protagonist of the story is Alice Manson. Yea… that’s my goddamn name. I’ve held onto this scary information for six months. But, I cannot keep this information inside of me any longer. Tomorrow, I will talk to dad about this information and we’ll have to figure out some kind of plan.

I know where the house, where I confront the enemy in my tale, is located. I know that an ancient serial killer of a vampire lives there. I know that I have met him before in a late night passing in a convenience store. I know that he and I will eventually, as in very soon, meet again and have a vicious showdown. And I know that we damage each other greatly and one of us dies a horrible death! This encounter in inevitable! It is written in the HORRORWALKER tome!

I had already put in for my vacation over a month ago before. Friday was the beginning of my two weeks off. I had worked late that day to finish the small amount of paperwork on my desk. Sam, Robin and Pam had all long gone leaving me alone as the last staff member out of the building. I waved goodbye to the cleaning ladies and exited the office at 7:48 PM… and later stopped by the 7-11 at 8:03 PM to buy a liter of diet coke. As I walked through the door to the store a tall, darkness shrouded man brushed past me leaving on his way out. His cloak brushed my hand and suddenly every nerve in my body exploded like I had just been electrocuted. Right there, right then, right now I knew that the enemy in my HORRORWALKER story had just passed me... even though I had not met the HORRORWALKER yet. Something inside me screamed. “Oh, my God!” And I knew something profound and scary just changed in my life.

Obviously, good for me that he didn’t pay any attention to me. But, at that moment in time, something overcame me and I had to make a quick decision about where these next few seconds of my life was going to take me. The answer was back to my car! And, as crazy as it was at the time, I decided that I would follow this person.

I followed him through several very familiar neighborhoods, burning about ten minutes of time as I followed him to… his home! And... I knew this place, even thought I had never been there before. The elementary school I attended as a child was two blocks up the street. The middle school I attended as an older child was ten blocks away and the high school I graduated from is about a half mile away from here.

I repeated the words, “My god,” again as my mind raced to near insanity as I began to imagine that this man was a vampire. I truly felt like I was going crazy as I thought the crazy thought... I realized that he lives right in the middle of a smorgasbord of human food! And, I suddenly remembered, over the decades there have been several cases of people gone missing in the area. Could it be that this vampire is the culprit?

But then I grabbed back my sanity and convinced my mind that I was going crazy. Vampires are not real and this man will call the police on me if he figures out that I am stalking him. And so, I left to go home and force myself to stop the madness.

I drove back to my apartment in total silence. And later on I called dad to let him know I needed to come home to chill.

But now, our inevitable meeting is beginning to become even more inevitable.

Every night, since my HORRORWALKER encounter, I dream of what I read in my HORRORWALKER story. There is a particular passage that always replays inside my dream. I just know that this passage is a warning that is preparing me for my final showdown with this vile HORRORWALKER WORLD vampire. The passage reads:

“His eyes glowed red as he gripped me by my shoulders with his vice grip hands. He effortlessly pushed me down into the wooden chair. I was horrified as I stared at the plate on the table with the single slice of bread on it. Then I felt him push my head to position my neck over the plate. He flicked the right side of my neck with the talon on his right index finger and moaned in pleasure as he watched my blood drop, drip by drip, onto the plate. Obviously, the end of my life was near. I was about to be a perverted, sick meal for this vampire! Goddamn it… I had to find some way to reach into my pants pocket to grab ahold of my only weapon, my…”

And then I awake from the dream. The weapon in my hand is the object given to me by the will of the HORRORWALKER. And then shit happens!

Dad and I will talk tomorrow. What has to happen between me and this killer has to go down very soon. I realize that fate has already laid out the roadwork for our showdown. I am on that road and I cannot stop the motion toward these actions, even if I wanted to.

I am sending this missive to the HORRORWALKER blog curator. I am requesting him to publish this account of my encounters. By the time this story sees publication, I will have already confronted my enemy. If I actually survive this encounter, I will tell all of you the results soon enough… in the form of my own set of horror missives... MEALS FOR VAMPIRES. And maybe, just maybe, I will describe exactly what the HORRORWALKER made my father to hand to me as a weapon… if it actually works as a weapon!

I’m not describing what it is until AFTER our encounter.

Pray for my soul... I’m just a human girl going against a real undead monster!

APM

No comments:

Post a Comment