Horror tales to be posted every weekend -- for Monday viewing... unless a different date is noted... perhaps.


Monday, June 16, 2014

BLEEDING FOR YOU

(Season 2, Episode 44)


From the Horrorwalker World comes this fantastic horror tale... 
First told in the horror journal, 
HORRORWALKER TRAVEL GUIDE.

Here you go, 
Presenting horror from the Northern part of the USA... 
This is what it is like to be -- 
BLEEDING FOR YOU!






BLEEDING FOR YOU
(Rugby, North Dakota)  


(1)

         My name is Albert Martin Paxton. This is my tale of horror and the absurd!

As usual… a few nights ago, after another long day at work a few blocks up the street, I kind of found myself sitting in Harper’s Café, relaxing for a few minutes while I sipped on some of their spectacular hot Oolong Tea and munched on a warm, sweet freshly baked blueberry muffin. I had turned off my cell phone, placed it in my left pants pocket and was simply chilling out by myself and reflecting on the day.

I remember looking at my watch and noticed the time was 8:14 PM. I also remember who was occupying the café with me at the moment.

Jeff and Patricia, the husband and wife owner team, were working behind the counter. Laura, their beautiful twenty-two year old daughter, who is just two years younger than me, was attending the floor. Six of the nine tables were occupied by two people each. The scene was quiet, like an evening in a calm smoke free café should be. And then… it happened.

I snagged my right thumb on a sharp deformity in the wood of the side of my table. It was a freak accident, to be sure. I felt instant pain and was very surprised when blood began to flow from the inside side of my thumb like a stream of maple syrup from the wound. Laura rushed over to help me by bringing me a hand full of wet paper towels and lots of apologies.

I assured her,  and her mom, that all was just fine. The bleeding had not stopped, but the pain had suddenly ceased. That cutting off of the pain was overtly noticeable. I even looked at my thumb because of the sharp cut-off of the feeling.

During the moments that I was paying attention to my wound, Laura had brought out peroxide and band aids from the storage room. She returned to my table for the third time, ready to fix me up. Her soft hands, and her beautiful face, obviously could sooth any savage beast… and surely my injury was safe in her hands. When she was done, and she smiled at me for the 1000th time as she caught me, again, longingly admiring her beauty, she turned to take the medical stuff back to the storage room.

She returned moments later and took my hand in her right hand, examined her perfect placement of the band aid and gauze, and then told me that I now owed her one. “Anything“, I screamed in my mind, as she touched my right cheek before declaring that she had better get back to work.

I told her ‘thanks,’ and just as we were both relaxing about the moment, we both suddenly noticed HER sitting behind the table in the darkened corner by the edge of the bar counter. It was as if she just suddenly appeared from the shadow, right in front of both of us.

I cannot remember how she was dressed. It was almost as she was not really there… but really there, all at the same time. There was something about her eyes that made me… sleepy.

Laura has always called that table ‘the dead zone’ because it served a good purpose when the day was bright and the café was well lit. Patrons loved that corner during the day. But at night time, the table fell into a shadow cast by the bar counter and it was the rare individual, or couple, that sat there in the dark shadow.

Anyway, she was sitting there now and we were still shocked by her presence. Laura approached her and asked what she would like tonight. The woman whispered something that I could not hear and then Laura turned and walked back into the storage room. I then noticed that Jeff and Patricia turned off their devices and followed Laura into the storage room.

And then I was shocked to discover that the café was empty. I looked around and  saw that everyone was gone. How could everyone have left like that without sounding the chime? ‘What in the hell was going on here,’ I thought just before I decided to get up and walk to the storage room to see what was happening with my friends. But before I could move, She stood up and began to approach me. She was only about forty steps away, but to me she might as well have been forty miles away… approaching me in slow motion. She smiled, she raised her right hand in a circular motion and then the world swirled away from me in a dizzying spinning vortex in my mind. I was shut off at the level of my consciousness.



(2)

I have been awake for about two hours. That is the amount time it is taking for me to tell my frightening tale. I needed to just say these words out loud because I’m in the middle of a bloody mess and I don’t know what to do about it.

I found myself sitting on the floor of the storage room. I’ve never been back here and so I never realized just how large this room is. There is food stuff neatly packed away on all four walls and around the room, and still there is plenty of room to walk around. The door to the restroom is over in the far corner.

Laura, Jeff and Patricia are all dead and covered in blood. They have been violently and viciously attacked. Their stiffening pale white bodies have small puncture wounds all over their neck and chest area and one large gaping wound where the front section of their throats have been ripped out. Their bodies are all stacked on top of each other to my left. Surrounding me on the other sides are the rest of the patrons from last night. They have all been attacked in the same manner. Blood is everywhere, and the wounds around the neck and chest are similar to Laura’s.

There are fifteen murdered, desecrated bodies of innocent people laid out in this room. My shock was creeping higher and higher by the moment. “Who could have done this?” I forced myself to say out loud… just as I remembered… HER!

She is the obviously the cause of this madness. She obviously killed my friends.   When I finally stood up and walked into the restroom to have a look at myself in the huge mirror over the sink, I noticed the open window off to the left side of the room. It became obvious to me that others must have snuck into the storage room to help HER commit these vile acts.

And then I looked into the mirror expecting to stare at my own bloody, ripped apart reflection. What did I discover when I stared at the mirror? Nothing! Not my reflection… nothing, except for the image of the carnage on the other side of the bathroom door.

“Holy Fuck!” I exclaimed in a high pitched voice that seemed not to be my own. “What in the hell is happening here?”

I looked down at my hands. There they were. I reached up to my neck with my right hand, swiped the skin and looked at my hand. There it was… sticky, congealed  blood on my hand. I reached up to the right side of my neck and felt around there… to discover the two puncture wounds in the middle of my neck, straight down from my left ear.

This can’t be real!



(3)

I left the scene of the frightful murders of my friends not very long ago. The front door of the café was locked shut… actually jammed shut with the locking mechanism that had been crushed shut. I had to climb out the restroom window, into the nighttime darkened alley, to escape the carnage. I’m back home at my apartment now and I’m sitting in the darkness of my bedroom, cowering and shaking in the corner like a wet frightened animal.

I discovered several hardcore shocks waiting for me here at home that nearly rival the soul smacking horror of discovering my friends all dead.

One shock is the fact that I just discovered that I had been unconscious for three nights. I had been entombed in the dark storage room for three nights with the decaying bodies of my friends. This gets sicker and sicker the more I think about this.

Also, I have just come to terms with what has happened to me and I refuse to believe the absolute obvious -- I have been turned into a… oh my god, I can’t even say the word.

But the scariest shock I have experienced in the last hour is the realization that the sun will rise here in central Texas in about three hours. What in the hell am I going to do when the sun rises? I’m not feeling some kind of ethereal self-preserving instinct overtaking me to guide me to protect myself.

But the biggest shock of them all? The biggest shock… bigger than all of this death and blood and madness? That would be the fact that someone, or something, just started knocking on my bedroom window. Whatever it is, it is repeatedly asking me to “Let us in.”

I live on  the sixth floor of a ten story tall apartment building. None of these apartments have fire escape ladders, or decks, so whatever it is floating outside my window can stay outside my window.

My friends are murdered, I want revenge, there is something floating outside my window that is knocking on it, I am obviously not alive myself… there is some wild shit about to go down in my life within a very short time.

And I don’t have a clue about the outcome, other than the realization that the sharp points of the legs of my wood coffee table will make perfect stakes. Give me a couple of minutes and I think I just might let them in…


 AMP



No comments:

Post a Comment