Horror tales to be posted every weekend -- for Monday viewing... unless a different date is noted... perhaps.


Monday, June 30, 2014

HAND ON THE CROSS



(Season 2, Episode 42)




HAND ON THE CROSS
(Bryan, Texas)


Unbelievably,
I have heard that some vampires can, 
By the full will of their disbelief in vampire mythology, 
Grasp the cross and resist the shearing pain of the
Purifying faith based belief in a Christian god. 

Apparently, 
The corruption of the mind, body, and soul of a man – 
When said man is transformed into a soulless 
Abomination that is the undead bloodsucker – 
Fills him with an evil that burns when touched by God. 

Obviously, 
I realize my contradictions as truth! 
I accept the fact that I covet what I cannot have – 
The feel and touch of the rosary with the cross – 
That which I needed for life when I was alive!

Unfortunately, 
I am a dead creature walking pitch black nightmare corridors, 
Who dreams of sitting in a church and renewing my faith in God. 
The reality is – I cannot hold the cross in my hand! 
My faith is too low to fight the evil inside my soulless body!

So, 
I cannot grasp a cross and hold it tight over my heart. 
The image of the cross seared into the flesh of my chest always burns. 
So too, my never to heal burned fingers on my right hand reminds me – 
What vampire has the force of will to withstand the wrath of God? 

ECG


No comments:

Post a Comment