Horror tales to be posted every weekend -- for Monday viewing... unless a different date is noted... perhaps.


Monday, December 23, 2013

Whispers


(Season 1, Episode 58)

The Horrorwalker Travel Guide Presents:





WHISPERS
(Green Bay, Wisconsin)

I was floating along wistfully in my sleep dreamland --
Until I heard something that opened my eyes wide awake!
My mind came from surrealism,
Then my body slowly followed,
For it was then the searing midday hour!

And I was then staring blindly into the coffin blackness.
“Sleep, please come back to me,” 
I begged a whisper to the darkness.
“I must return to the blissful whispers of my awaiting dream.”

Oh, 
Sweet copper-iron dream dust and candy red sand,
My bliss had not actually left me in the awake!
I was reaching for more dream stuff…
For you see,
I was actually still asleep and dreaming of reaching toward the dark --
The dark that whispered these hushed words…
“Sleep,
You hungry, undead sleepy head.
And awaken to feed upon the living when you no longer hear the…
Whispers!”

DRG

No comments:

Post a Comment