Horror tales to be posted every weekend -- for Monday viewing... unless a different date is noted... perhaps.


Monday, December 9, 2013

GRASS





Presented for your perusal, dear reader, another early Countdown To Horror Zero tale.
This second offering of this story is basically for the many who missed my early original posting.
I have a few more older postings to release.
Enjoy... the Horrorwalker World Horror!

Presenting... GRASS!

RLJ



-----------------------------------------------------------------------------




(Season 1, Episode 60)



GRASS
(Plano, Texas)


I am Paul Masterson... and this time I awakened to find myself kneeling in a wide expanse of field. The knee high grass is very green and waving lazily in synchronization to the gentle warm breeze blowing around me. Birds hidden in the grass chirp happily, confident in their anonymity. I believe they are whippoorwills, but since it is actually midday, and they do not usually give their familiar call until evening, I must offer a guess as to their actual identities.
I see no trees in this landscape. There is only big blue sky meeting hills covered in green grass. The scene is calming -- intoxicatingly calm, actually.

Suddenly, the grass around my knees parts open, retreating onto itself to present to me the open space the size of a football field. The soft green carpet invites me to walk on it. The blades now barely reach above my ankles. I turn in a complete circle to view the awesome all before me. I am stunned. What is actually happening here? And, just where am I? Also, what is that form that just appeared low to the grass on the opposite side of the clearing? Something… I can’t … quite… make out. Is that a person?

I slowly begin to approach the out of focus form. Within minutes I realize I am walking toward a woman. And suddenly I am filled with the urge to run toward this woman, who by now has risen from a sitting position to standing upright and looking at me. The grass will not allow rushing. It grabs at my feet to force me to walk slowly. I can hear the grass sighing in anticipation as I get closer and closer to her.

She is both beautiful and angelic as her hair and cheese cloth thin dress move in rhythm to the breeze that is also affecting the swaying grass around us.

Now I am standing arms length in front of her. I have never been a part of anything as beautiful and perfect as this moment. I am now looking at her perfectly smooth skin, the deep crystal green of her eyes, her white and flawless teeth, the creamy tea color of her awesome skin, the shape of her lovely form through the sheer fabric draped over her body,  and… oh, the moment -- I feel as if I could hold my breath forever. This woman is an African goddess and she might be here for me!

This beautiful dream woman is now in my arms. She is embracing me and I am loving every second of the moments in time. Her presence, her touch, our bodies close together, the anticipation of our lips touching… I…

…awaken. All of this was only another vivid fever dream. The reality is she is still standing over there in the darkened corner, on this day three of my turning, dancing and waiting for me to complete the transformation from a warm blooded human to a cold blooded killer monster who she will use to hunt her human prey for her. And I… am still here in my malaria-like fever sickness, struggling a losing battle with the infected evil overtaking my body. We are here in this goddamn small town Texas abandoned prison cell. I don’t want this madness to overtake me, but my humanity is being forced out by forces beyond my mortal control.

I need to plead my innocence to her, my imaginary love, one more time. I must allow… myself to… succumb to the fever so that… I… can once again be with…her! That is before the blood sucking creature in the corner makes me one of her!

I’m coming… just one more time.


PAM


2 comments: