Horror tales to be posted every weekend -- for Monday viewing... unless a different date is noted... perhaps.


Monday, November 4, 2013

BITE TO THE BACK OF THE NECK


Hello horror friends,
As much as I wanted to put The Countdown To Horror Zero behind me,
I cannot... because I am actually not finished with this blog.

There are a few early Countdown To Horror Zero tales that need more exposure.
So, over the next few months, I will post about five of the early tales...
Just to say I did.

And then,
As a part of my original vision for this horror blog,
I need to post a final tale with the title of "Countdown To Horror Zero!"
The last tale I posted... as a final tale... was a minor masterpiece of horror,
In my mind,
But it was not my original intended tale to end this blog.

So, a few months from now I will show up with that final tale to properly end this blog.
In the meantime,
I hope you will give these next few tales another look-see...
And feel the horror all over again...
For the first time.

Presenting again:

Bite To The Back Of The Neck!

RLJ







(Season 1, Episode 65)


BITE TO THE BACK OF THE NECK
- Herndon, Virginia -


I am walking through the woods alone that night.
Looking back two hours earlier…
I couldn't sleep because I was too agitated.
I decided to take a stroll through the nature trail behind my apartment.

This was a cool and crisp November night!
The moon was high and bright and full of power.
It was as bright as a 60 watt light bulb trying to be 100 watts.
I needed to be outside in that glow because things were about to happen.

As is the wont of my ancient curse --
I was driven out into stark nature…
To breath in the scents of the wilds of the past…
And release the thing that is always haunting my nightmares.

And as I bathed deep in the bright moonlight…
It caused everything around me to glow in moon warmth perception.
The silvery moon was full now!
My reality was about to revert to animal ferocity.

I am soon transformed into a dark and evil creature of the night!
My new form was now twice the mass of my former self.
My clothing lay in shreds and scattered at my bare feet…
Ripped and torn by the beast of the full moon.

As is usual,
When the early winter moon is full and high,
And my internal animal from hell emerges to run wild and feral --
The target was a deer to rip to shreds to release the evil desire!

But tonight… I heard something off to the left side of the area.
Something was trotting toward me along the trail.
The beast began to salivate as the kill neared.
It already realized that the prey was not a deer!

It was a human jogging along the trail at this ungodly hour!
The scent already identified the human as a female!
And the beast was already tearing her apart before I could stop it!
Stop it I did… but the damage was already done!

I took control and stopped the kill.
I gained control, again, as the horror unfolded before me.
The bite to the back of the neck would have been the fatal act!
I stopped the monster from killing another human!

I left her there to bleed and suffer in the leaves and grass.
She would survive the attack…
She is now turned and her blood is now that of the mystic devil wolf.
She will now become that which is hated by gods and other devils!

Those vile acts occurred one full moon cycle ago.
Tonight’s new full moon has again brought out the werewolf.
The hunt is about to begin anew!
But this time… I will not hunt alone!

Her scent is the same as before…
But this time mixed in with the feral musky full moon effect!
She is tentative as she stealthily approaches my moon lit position!
That will soon change as we begin to hunt our prey as a pair!

LES

No comments:

Post a Comment